Saturday 23 January 2016

BONEDOG – Gone Fishing (CD)


Gone Fishing is the third outing from the Swedish southern style blues rockers Bonedog. I’ve been spinning this disc quite a few times, but this time the fish ain’t biting as hard as it used to I’m afraid. Yes, the band sounds great, they are tight and groovy and the songs are fine. I’m not really sure what it is, but this one feels a bit more light-weight. It may be that the production is a bit thinner and I lack a bit of attitude. It is also a bit more laid back in the musical approach, more akin to vintage Sky High or Blues Bag, which is not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting. Well, enough of the negative attitude. Despite my somewhat jaded outlook I think it’s a really good and even album. Micke Landréhn is a great guitarist and I really like his vocals, especially when he really brings on some attitude like in Messed Up By The Pain and Riding With The King. There are some really good songs in here and not any real lows, so as a whole it’s well worth checking out.
Janne Stark
Country: Sweden
Year: 2015   

Label: Self-released

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.