Wednesday 31 August 2016

Blindside Blues Band – Journey To The Stars (CD)


Mike Onesko and Blindside Blues Band is something of an American institution. They released the debut album back in 1993 ad checking my own collection this is my BBB album number eleven. Racer X singer and Paul Gilbert/Badlands/MSG drummer Jeff Martin is back in the band, Steve Evans handles the bass and this time Mike has used the lead guitar skills of Danish dynamite guitarist Martin J. Andersen (Blindstone). I really like the previous BBB albums, but I think Andersen’s co-writing input gave the band a nice injection. The band feels truly vital and alive. They say you shouldn’t fix something that already works, but you can always rev up a motor to give it that extra boost. Mike also sings better than ever. I really like the mix of the songs on the album and don’t be fooled by the “blues band” tail in the name. This is not your standard four bar blues band. It is of course based on the blues, but this is so much more, with kick ass riffing hard as rock. They actually sometimes remind me of West, Bruce & Laing, but with more even quality song material. If you’ve never heard the band, this is where you start!
Janne Stark
Label: Grooveyard
Country: USA

Year: 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.