Wednesday 31 August 2016

Snake Head Ritual – Ceremonial Thunder (CD)


The band released their debut in 2013. I really liked it. After hearing this one a couple of times. I really like this one, too. You may already know it, or I’ll tell you (again) – I love me a good riff. Snake Head Ritual deliver their riffs freshly brewed and hot! Opening track “Mama” contains some cool chunky southern rock phat riffs with excellent singer Kevin Chez laying down some soulful vocals on top. “Gone When I Get Home” really rips it up with its cool intense backbeat. The mix is rich, organic and analogue sounding with tube amp character guitar sounds, blending Strats and Les Pauls (at least that’s what it sounds like to me). “3:19” is another really cool track that sticks out a bit with its quirky rhythms and riffs, while “The Chase” delivers low down and dirty riffs and dual guitars smelling of diesel and burnt rubber. If you liked the first album, buying this one as well is a no-brainer! This band delivers!!
Janne Stark
Label: Grooveyard
Country: USA
Year: 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment, but I reserve the right to remove any comments without notice.